- Tough aggressive non-woven belt offered in a wide range of grades for heavy duty deburring and finishing
- For use on backstand and off hand equipment
- Reinforced backing and non-woven open web material provides superior flexibility for detail work, over contours and edges
- Reduced loading and heat build-up allow extended operating time and consistent surface conditioning results
- Aggressive cutting without gouging, removes surface imperfections, grindlines, mill, and other marks
We also included a woven fabric (scrim) in our conditioning products, which is embedded in the nylon structure to provide additional strength and durability for edge work, deburring and efficient blending of all metal types. The non-woven material combined with abrasive grain is an ideal way to add a great finish or remove burrs. Trust Scotch-Brite™ Belts to deliver fantastic finishes.
Sharp and Tough
Scotch-Brite™ SE Surface Conditioning Belt uses course grade aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
Belt sanders are used for rapid grinding, sanding and finishing on a variety of surfaces. Depending on the material being worked, sanding wheels and discs may clog, quickly making them less efficient, while belt sanders continue to sand without clogging because small grooves in the abrasive belt open as they go around the arc of the drive wheel.