- Abrasive deburrs and finishes with minimal change to workpiece geometry
- Resists smearing for cleaner surfaces and less preparation
- Open web resists loading during product use
- Available in a variety of densities for applications requiring flexible or aggressive cutting action
- Unitized construction compresses abrasive web for greater density and durability
- Product mounted on 4-1/2 inch back-up plate with 7/8 inch center hole for use on right angle rotary tools
Our Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Disc features a strong and durable unitized construction that is well suited for deburring and polishing applications.
High performance and durability for deburring and finishing applications
Remove Burrs, Reduce Smearing, Minimize Gouging
We engineered our Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Disc by mixing abrasive mineral and nylon fibers with resin. The web is cured and compressed together for added strength and durability. EXL material in the higher densities can be extremely tough, delivering aggressive cutting power for effective deburring of edges and corners without damaging the part. The lower densities are soft, conformable and finish finer. They work well for finishing contoured surfaces. Our EXL wheels remove burrs without gouging or marring the work surface and produce consistent results. Available in aluminum oxide and silicon carbide mineral, both minerals offer an aggressive cut and reduced smearing of the surface during product use.
Overall, our unitized products are durable given their production method. Compressing and curing multiple layers of abrasive material together creates a tough and dense abrasive that can stand up to heavy-duty deburring and polishing.