- The PELTOR™ COMTAC™ is a trusted tactical communications and hearing protection headset that is field proven by law enforcement and militaries world wide
- Helps provide protection from hazardous steady-state and impulse noise
- Clear, intelligible two-way audio communications via radios and intercoms
- Environmental listening (aka: "talk-through") for auditory situational awareness and face-to-face verbal conversation
- Pre-assembled COMTAC kits include: Headset, adapter (PTT), bag, batteries, and gel ear cushions. Headband kits also include two oblong ZORBIUM® ACTION PADS (ZAP™) to accommodate headband headset integration within ground combat helmets
- Meets the single hearing protection requirement listed in DA PAM 40-501 Army Hearing Conservation Program 2015 for both steady-state and impulse noise
- Tested in accordance with MIL-STD-810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
- Tested in accordance MIL STD 461E, Department of Defense Interface Standard, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment
- Two AAA batteries provide approximately 500 hours of battery life
- External communications and “talk-through” are battery independent for Rx/Tx fail safe. In the unlikely event of electronic failure or battery depletion, external communications will continue to function
- Ambidextrous noise-canceling boom mic can be mounted on either left or right side by operator
- Hearing Defender, Single COMM, and DUAL COMM configurations available
- Multiple color options available
- Suspension options: Headband, Back-band and Rail Attachment
3M™ PELTOR™ COMTAC™ III KIT - DUAL COMM - HEADBAND - COYOTE BROWN- RADIOS: AN/PRC-148, AN/PRC-152, AN/PRC-117, AN/PRC-119
The 3M™ PELTOR™ COMTAC™ Tactical Communication and Hearing Protection Headsets are designed to meet the mission needs of today’s military and law enforcement service members.
The COMTAC headsets feature the ability to relocate the boom mic to either ear cup to accommodate left and right shooters, immunity for high RF/EMI environments, salt water resistance, Rx/Tx fail safe, and gel ear cushions option for improved comfort. Its ear cup profile has been improved, providing better fit and improved comfort for a variety of tactical helmets used by military and law enforcement professionals, including the Advanced Combat Helmet, MICH Helmet, Enhanced Combat Helmet, Ops-Core FAST Helmet, and the next generation IHPS.
The tactical headset features environmental microphones for "talk-thru" capability so today's warfighter can maintain auditory situational awareness and have face-to-face conversations while wearing reliable hearing protection.
- Level-dependent surround sound for "talk-thru" function
- External communications and stereo "talk-thru" are independent of each other
- Ambidextrous noise-canceling boom microphone
- Headband and neckband variants available
- Single and Dual COMM variants available
- Throat microphone option
- Gel cushion option
- Adjustable sizing to fit different users
- ARC attachment available
- Kit includes gel cushions, PTT adapter, camo bag and batteries.