- Gravity pour encapsulating method protects the cable splice
- Designed for underground or direct buried environment
- Suitable for all telecommunication applications
- 5.25-in O.D. maximum splice opening
- Maximum pair count of 18
- Includes 3M™ High Gel Encapsulant 8882-E compound
3M™ Scotchcast™ 8980 Closure Kit is designed to protect copper cables in either an underground or direct buried environment. The 3M™ High Gel Re-enterable Encapsulant 8882 is a 2-part, re-enterable, non-urethane encapsulating compound that offers excellent protection.