- Extreme resistance to heat, sparks, welding spatter and flames
- Ideal for protection from automotive welding spatter and grinding sparks
- Very lightweight, conformable and easy to handle
- Excellent wear and tear resistance
- Easy to clean by brushing or shaking
Our 3M™ High Performance Welding Drape is a unique fabric that provides protection from welding spatter and grinding sparks. This fire resistant drape withstands extreme heat, sparks and spatter without burning through.
Provides the ultimate protection from welding spatter and grinding sparks
Keep Your Work Clean
During messy welding jobs, our 3M™ High Performance Welding Drape can save you time and keep your work clean. The unique, flame resistant material offers protection from sparks and slag during welding, grinding, or cutting. This means you can focus on your work without worrying about causing damage to any surrounding surfaces. The lightweight and tough welding drape allows it to be used in any space or surface you might encounter. This includes protection of paint, glass, upholstery, seat fabrics, leather, plastics, and even electronic components.
Tough and Easy to Use
With the heavy-duty burn resistance comes increased resistance to wear-n-tear and an extended lifespan. The drape is significantly lighter than conventional blankets, making it very easy to handle. To hold in place simply tape the drape to the vehicle with 3M™ Automotive Refinish Masking Tape
, eliminating the need for metal grommets and magnets that can cause scratches to painted surfaces. The drape easily shakes or brushes clean, making it easy to pick up and store after your work is complete.
See Standard Operating Procedures for Welding and Spark Protection
(PDF, 136 Kb)
Find More 3M™ Automotive Aftermarket Products
(PDF, 69 Mb)
- Protection from welding, grinding, and other spark/slag producing activity for: paint, glass, upholstery, seat fabrics, leather, plastics (such as a dashboard), electronic components and any flammable or otherwise damageable substrate that could be affected by molten metal.
- Can also be used to protect both horizontal and vertical surfaces from: grinding sparks, welding spatter, slag from torch cutting and many other applications involving molten or hot metal debris