- Conformable tape resists flame, moisture, weather, UV degradation, and many chemicals used in electroplating and anodizing processes
- The rubber-based adhesive bonds well a variety of surface, including most metals
- Performs over a wide variety of temperatures
- Liner allows tape to be die-cut into specific shapes for assembly and manufacturing processes
Our 3M™ Lead Foil Tape 420 is an electrically and thermally conductive tape. This highly conformable tape resists flame, moisture, weather, UV degradation, chemicals and radiation. Mated with an easy-release film liner, our malleable tape can be shaped into complex or detailed patterns or die-cut into specific shapes to meet assembly and manufacturing process needs.
Pliable and Conductive Lead Tape
3M™ Lead Foil Tape 420
(PDF, 78.14 Kb) is a dark gray, lead foil backed tape coated with a distinct green rubber adhesive that offers good initial grab and a long-lasting bond that removes cleanly for most surfaces. It is an extremely conformable and pliable tape that can be formed into detailed and intricate shapes and patterns. The lead foil backing can be burnished to fully cover the adhesive and allow full contact of the lead foil to the metal base. This metal to metal contact results in a continuation of the electrical path, reducing build-up at the adhesive interface.
This lead foil tape is formulated to be electrically and thermally conductive and carries a strong acid and base resistance, making it ideal for electroplating or as a radiation barrier. Due to the density, weight and malleability of the lead foil, this tape makes an excellent choice for weighting and balancing, particularly for golf clubs where weight and conformability are crucial for balance and club performance.
- Masking applications in electroplating
- Radiation barrier
- Moisture barrier
- Chemical milling
- Add weight and balance to equipment parts, golf clubs, tennis rackets, etc.