- Tape is suitable for damping vibration at extremely low temperatures (-76°F/-60°C)
- Viscoelastic acrylic polymer adhesive is optimized to convert vibrational energy to negligible heat that readily dissipates
- Meets F.A.R. 25.853(a)
- Linered for die-cutting to match parts for aerospace applications
- Resists weather and UV degradation, ensuring performance in many difficult applications
3M™ Vibration Damping Tape 435 is a low temperature, silver, dead soft aluminum foil tape. The aluminum foil constraining layer is coated with a pressure sensitive viscoelastic polymer on an easy release liner. This tape absorbs and dissipates vibration, reducing noise and fatigue.
Reduce structure borne noise and vibration
Cold Temperature Vibration Damping
3M™ Vibration Damping Tape 435
(PDF, 340 Kb) is a 13.5 mil silver, dead soft aluminum foil backed anti-vibration tape. It is designed to reduce structure-borne noise and fatigue in metal and composite panels and support structures. It can achieve effective damping with as little as 10% surface coverage. This durable tape will resist moisture, weather, UV degradation and flame. It is a long aging tape designed to specifically perform in temperatures as low as -76°F/-60°C. The linered construction provides the ability to die cut this product. 3M™ Vibration Damping Tape 435 meets the requirements of F.A.R. 25.853(a).
- Reduce unwanted resonant noise, vibration and fatigue in metal panels and support structures
- Lower temperature aerospace and industrial applications