- Putty fills minor surface imperfections
- Easy working properties include good spreadability
- Leaves smooth edges with quality feathering
- Low shrinkage offers better final results
- Available in fast, medium and slow drying formulas
3M™ Acryl Putty restores smooth, flawless surfaces by filling small pinholes, scratches, stone chips and other minor blemishes in automotive and marine finishes. Our acrylic putty offers easy sanding, smooth spreading and low shrinkage.
Patch Minor Imperfections
3M™ Acryl Putty fills minor surface blemishes in cars, trucks, vans, boats and other vehicles. Our acrylic glazing putty offers excellent workability with easy and smooth spreadability that effectively conceals pinholes, sand scratches and other spot repairs. Once the putty fully cures, you'll appreciate its low rate of shrinkage and excellent adhesion to the surface.
Better Feathering Means Less Work
Our spot putty offers high quality feathering properties, meaning it is easy to smooth out the edges to blend with the surrounding surface. Good feathering will produce more satisfactory results and reduce sanding.
Choose the Putty that's Right for You
3M™ Acryl Putty comes in multiple formulas offering different rates of drying, working time and sanding time. Use these numbers as estimates only. Actual drying, work and sanding times will vary depending on environmental conditions.
- 3M™ Acryl-White Putty is a slow drying formula with a 2.5 minute work time and 25 minute sanding time
- 3M™ Acryl-Red Putty is a medium drying formula with 2 minute work time and 20 minute sanding time
- 3M™ Acryl-Green Putty is a fast drying formula with a 1.5 minute work time and 15 minute sanding time
Directions for Use:
- Do not apply when ambient temperatures are below 55ºF or above 110ºF. Use in a well ventilated area away from sparks or open flame. (Do not apply material below the water line unless top coating.)
- For best results apply only over clean primed surfaces. (Use compressed air to remove any dust contamination).
- Apply using a plastic or metal spreader pressing the putty firmly into the imperfections; keep the application thickness to 1/16" or less. Apply in thin coats instead of one thick application.
- Allow to dry prior to sanding. Sand (wet or dry) using 3M™ abrasives in the following sequence: P180, P220, P320. Note: As with any putty, longer drying times will occur with high humidity, thick applications and low temperatures.
- Re-clean surface prior to priming or top coating. (Follow paint manufacturer’s recommendation for priming and top coating).