Lava™ Plus High Translucency Zirconia offers the esthetics of a layered restoration in all-zirconia that allows dentists and labs to create true restorative masterpieces. Lava™ Plus High Translucency Zirconia system offers all-zirconia restorations that exhibit accurate and vital color match without compromising translucency and strength.
- High strength allows tooth-preserving =0.5 mm minimum wall thickness--requiring 3X less occlusal preparation than lithium disilicate glass ceramic because of its 3X greater strength.
- Scientific data proves Lava all-zirconia has antagonist preserving wear properties and is not abraded or roughened under occlusal load.
- Patented shading system enables highly esthetic all-zirconia or traditional layered restorations.
Indications for Use
- Preparation of Zirconia frameworks and All-Zirconia restorations for anterior and posterior teeth:
- Single crowns.
- Bridges up to 48 mm in length with a maximum of two pontics next to one another in the posterior area and a maximum of four pontics next to one another in the anterior area. A maximum of four dies is approved for 5-unit and 6-unit bridges.
- Crowns on implants and 3-unit bridges on two implants: Lava Plus restorations on implants are contraindicated for patients with bruxism, Lava Plus restorations on implants should have a passive (tension-free) fit.
- Splinted crowns (maximum 4 splinted crowns).
- Cantilever bridges with a maximum of 1 pendant at the position of a premolar or incisor: Cantilever bridges are contraindicated for patients with bruxism.
- 3-unit inlay/onlay and 2-unit or 3-unit Maryland bridges: Inlay/onlay and Maryland bridges are contraindicated for patients with bruxism.
- Primary crowns.
- Zirconia build-up for two-piece abutments.